2020 Legislative Accomplishments
- Engage, train and empower Kanaka Maoli (aka Native Hawaiians) in the Hawaii State Legislative process by planning ‘Navigating the Legislature’ with a focus on testimony writing community workshops on Oʻahu and neighbor islands and Neighbor Islands .
- Educate Kanaka Maoli and the general public on legislation that impacts Kanaka Maoli and the voting record of elected officials by drafting, printing and distributing the 2020 Legislative Report Card.
- Empower Kanaka Maoli by encouraging them to register to vote by providing voter registration opportunities in their communities.
- Monitor and submit testimony in opposition to the transferring of Public Lands which mainly consist of Kanaka Maoli Crown and Government lands out from the Public Land Trust.
- Protect Kuleana owners and heirs from dispossession of their land by monitoring legislation, submitting testimony and raising awareness on legislation that affects Kuleana lands.
- Monitor Water and Mauna Kea measures.